2700 yard cone
This product ships from Laconia, NH.
HC 40 is a highly conductive embroidery thread is the all around conductive thread.
HC 40 is heavy fully silver-plated polyamide embroidery thread with resistance <300 Ohm/m. The resistance of <300 Ohm/m can be varied by using conductive bobbin thread or varying the stitches. Product oxidation and color changes do not harm conductivity. It can be used as both embroidery and sewing thread. All electrical devices must be tested by the developer and have to conform to regulations and laws. Madeira USA supplies the thread only with the described properties and no electrical applications of any kind.
- Highly Conductive #40 Embroidery Thread
- Top thread tension: 200gf or more
- #75/11 to #80/12 needles
- 2700 yard cone
- dtex 117/2
- <300 ohm
The laundering of the finished garment depends on the electrical components, the way it has been embroidered and the washing process.
Use the following guidelines for HC 40:
- Protect the circuitry with insulating thread or waterproof film
- Wash up to 30 °C/86 °F without bleaching or acid agents
- Always use a laundry bag
- LED lighting, Signage, Security, Decorative, Fashion
- Sensors (Air quality, light, colors, humidity etc)
- Medical Therapy sensors (heart rate, pulse, etc)
- Earphone connectors in the garment
- Ambient lighting in home textiles
- Car seat heating
- Textile Heating
- Smart gloves
What you need to know:
We can only guarantee the properties of unused thread. Please make sure that your final applications are thoroughly tested and compliant to your local laws and regulations. We recommend to carefully test with prototypes to ensure that the thread and designs meet your technical and functional requirements.
- Embroidery and running stitches work best with this thread. Avoid satin stitches and instead create close lines of running stitches for more in depth designs
- Knowledge in electrical engineering
- Knowledge and equipment for technical embroidery (recommended machines: ZSK and Tajima)
- Equipment to properly digitize electrical circuitry
- Additional components include: LED sequins, programmable chip and software etc.
- Use HC thread for low voltage applications up to 9V only!