164 yard cone
Ships from Laconia NH only!
Highly Conductive Embroidery Thread can also be used as a sewing yarn and is available in 2 basic resistances per meter (100 and 300 ohm). Product oxidation and color changes do not harm conductivity. All electrical devices must be tested by the developer and have to conform to regulations and laws. Madeira USA only supplies a thread with the described properties and no electrical applications of any kind.
The washability of the finished garment depends on the electrical components, the way it has been embroidered and the washing process. For HC threads, use the following guidelines:
• Protect the circuitry with insulating thread or waterproof film
• Wash up to 30 °C/86 °F without bleaching or acid agents
• Always use a laundry bag
HC 12 is heavy fully silver-plated polyamide embroidery thread with resistance <100 Ohm/m. Suitable for robust circuitry and all applications where a very low resistance is required. Available in 1100 yard (1000 meter) cones for 100/16 needles.
• Textile Heatings
• Smart gloves
• LED lighting, Signage, Security, Decorative, Fashion
• Sensors (Air quality, light, colors, humidity etc)
• Earphone connectors in the garment
• Medical Therapy sensors (heart rate, pulse, etc)
• Car seat heating
• Ambient lighting in home textiles
What do you need to use it?
• Knowledge in electrical engineering
• Knowledge and equipment for technical embroidery (recommended are ZSK and Tajima machines)
• Equipment to properly digitize electrical circuitry
• Additional components include: LED sequins, programmable chip and software etc.
Use HC thread for low voltage applications up to 9V only! We can only guarantee the properties of unused thread. Please make sure that your final applications are thoroughly tested and compliant to your local laws and regulations. We recommend to carefully test with prototypes to ensure that the thread and designs meet your technical and functional requirements.